Re: backup infrastructure

От Marc G. Fournier
Тема Re: backup infrastructure
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2006 at 15:30, Dan Langille wrote:
>
>> Gidday folks,
>>
>> One way I can contribute my services to the project is in the form of
>> backup services. You tell me what files need to be backed up from what
>> servers, and it'll be done on the frequency required.
>>
>> Restores can be arranged for those that have admin access.  We can
>> keep a designated number of backups online, for immediate access.
>> Older backups will be stored offline.
>>
>> Bacula is my tool of choice.  Let me know how I can help.
>
> Is the lack of response a verification that no help is required or
> did I pick a bad time?

What is needed on the vServer side of things?  A client, I assume?  And
how much data is it safe to backup?  postgresql.org is up to 24G in size,
and growing ... :)

We're in the process of setting up a full backup to a remote server *just
in case*, but that will include *all* files, so that we could fail over as
required ... so I'm not sure whether or not there would be a benefit to
'per file backups', but I'm not against it either if others here feel that
this would help ...

----

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: backup infrastructure
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Still waiting on pmt.postgresql.org