Re: Dead Lock problem with 8.1.3

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Dead Lock problem with 8.1.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 03:59:48PM +0200, Kai Hessing wrote:
> No one any idea? *sigh*

It probably has something to with the fact that you didn't explain what
you meant by "deadlock". Also, you refer to a temp table, yet don't
indicate which table it is.

You'll need to be a lot more specific about your problem before we can
help. For example, a script to reproduce the problem, or a copy of psql
output demonstrating it.

Hope this helps,

> Kai Hessing wrote:
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I have a strange Problem (to be honest there are more than one, but this
> > is one of it) after Upgrading to Postgres 8.1.3. The following SQL seems
> > to produce a deadlock while doing an endless reading of a temp table:
> >
> > SELECT s.sid FROM stud s, stud_vera v WHERE s.sid = v.sid AND v.veraid =
> > 34 AND s.sid NOT IN ( SELECT sid FROM stud_vera WHERE veraid = 2 );

Have a nice day,

От: Kai Hessing
Сообщение: Re: Dead Lock problem with 8.1.3
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: change the order of FROM selection to make query work