Re: i have table

Тема Re: i have table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
--- "Penchalaiah P." <penchalaiahp@infics.com> wrote:

> Hi ...
>
> I have one table with 12 fields..
>

> CREATE TABLE addition_alteration_memo
>
> (
>
>   addition_alteration_memo int8 NOT NULL DEFAULT

nextval('addition_alteration_memo_addition_alteration_memo_seq'::regclas
> s),
>
>   cda_no varchar(7) NOT NULL,
>
>   week numeric,
>
>   sheet_no numeric,
>
>   serial_no numeric,
>
>   date date,
>
>   dr_no varchar,
>
>   amount numeric,
>
>   memo_no varchar,
>
>   memo_date date,
>
>   no_instalments numeric,
>
>   instalment_rate numeric)
>

> now I want to add one more field in this table.. but
> that field has to
> come next to cda_no.. I mean as a 3rd field.. If I
> am adding that field
> it is coming last field ...
>
> may I know how it is possible to that table...
>

> Thanks  &  Regards
>
> Penchal reddy | Software Engineer

Penchal,

yes, you can do this, but it isn't necessary beyond
making you feel more comfortable when you look at your
column names in something like pgadmin3.

i don't have my code in front of me, but what you do
is export your table definitions into sql text.  there
is a statement you can put at the beginning of the
table that deletes it if it already exists.

update the text file with the columns in order and
then import the sql table definitions.

your original table is deleted (if it exists) and the
new table is generated in the order you want it.

when i get some time on the computer where i've done
this, i will post an example.

oe1

http://mail.yahoo.com

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: i have table
От: "Aaron Bono"
Сообщение: Re: formatting intervals with to_char