Re: Simple join optimized badly?

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Simple join optimized badly?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom,

> Josh's post points out some reasons why it's not that easy to get
> long-term benefits from hints --- you could possibly address some of
> those problems, but a hint language that responds to those criticisms
> won't be trivial to design, implement, or maintain.  See (many) past
> discussions for reasons why not.

Well, why don't we see what EDB can come up with?   If it's not "good enough"
we'll just reject it.

Unfortunately, EDB's solution is likely to be Oracle-based, which is liable to
fall into the trap of "not good enough."

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun

От: "Medora Schauer"
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum not working?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Simple join optimized badly?