Re: Add calculated fields from one table to other table

От roopa perumalraja
Тема Re: Add calculated fields from one table to other table
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply. I want to explain more about it. The ticks table has many rows in each minute and timeseries table has 1 minute increment data. And the query is as mentioned below, which just displays the result for the minutes in which the tick data exists. but i would like the result for the query to be like

ric | time | count | avg_price | avg_volume
A  | 12:00| 12 | 64.99 | 63.99
A | 12:01 | 0 | |
A | 12:02 | 5 | 36.99 | 32.99

but my query result is just

A  | 12:00| 12 | 64.99 | 63.99
A | 12:02 | 5 | 36.99 | 32.99

so can you help me out to modify the query to get the result what I expect

select tk.ric, tm.timeseries_time, count(tk.*), avg(tk.price),
sum(tk.price*tk.volume)/sum(tk.volume), sum(tk.volume)
from ticks tk, timeseries tm where tk.tick_time >= tm.timeseries_time and
tk.tick_time < (tm.timeseries_time + '1 minute' :: interval)::time group by tm.timeseries_time,
tk.ric order by tk.ric, tm.timeseries_time
Thanks a lot in advance
Roopa

ps. I wrote the query from your idea. so tanks a lot

Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your help. The query does work, but now I have a problem. The query goes like
> this:
>
> select tk.ric, tm.timeseries_time, count(tk.*), avg(tk.price),
> sum(tk.price*tk.volume)/sum(tk.volume), sum(tk.volume)
> from ticks tk, timeseries tm where tk.tick_time >= tm.timeseries_time and
> tk.tick_time < (tm.timeseries_time + '1 minute' :: interval)::time group by tm.timeseries_time,
> tk.ric order by tk.ric, tm.timeseries_time
>
> The problem is, if there is no row for certain minute, then I want the count to be displayed
> as zero and other coulmns like avg to be null. In this query, it just omits those minutes which
> doesnt have any row for a particular minute.

You have to use an outer join. You will need a table or sequence that has every minute in a range
that you are interested in and outer join that to your actual table. This will give you a count
of zero.

i.e.

select S.minute, count(W.minute) as minutecnt

from Series_of_Minutes S left join Working_table W

on S.minute = W.minute
;

hope this helps.

REgards,

Richard Broersma jr.

ps. sorry that my query suggestion didn't work :0)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Richard Broersma Jr
Сообщение: Re: Add calculated fields from one table to other table
От: "Moiz Kothari"
Сообщение: Re: Add calculated fields from one table to other table