Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods

От mark@mark.mielke.cc
Тема Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 07:49:01PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> To be honest, I have often wondered *why* we support kerberos outside of
> the uber l33t geek factor. I have not once in a commercial deployment
> had a business requirement for the beast. LDAP? Now that is a whole
> other issue :)

Isn't NFSv4 a big application that uses Kerberos? I seem to recall that
AFS may have been a large user as well.

The only reason it isn't widely used is because companies are slow to
change. We still use NIS for host names in too many places!

Cheers,
mark

--
mark@mielke.cc / markm@ncf.ca / markm@nortel.com     __________________________
 One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all                      and in the darkness
bindthem...

                          http://mark.mielke.cc/

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Design Considerations for New Authentication Methods
От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] bug in timestamp and out of range values