Re: autovacuum blues

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: autovacuum blues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Anton Melser wrote:
> Hi,
> I just can't understand why autovacuum is not working. I have a test
> db/table which I insert values into (by the thousands) and can't work
> out why my stats don't get updated. Could someone have a quick look at
> my attached .conf and tell me what I am doing?
> I am running it on FC5 8.1.4.fc5.1.

You can tell whether autovacuum is running by using

SHOW autovacuum;

Note that if you have a firewall of some sort stopping UDP messages from
being transmitted inside your machine, the stats collector may not
start, which may stop the autovacuum daemon from starting.  If you're
not seeing stat updates then there's probably something like that going
on.  Maybe the system has emitted a warning message at server start;
check the logs.

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: planer picks a bad plan (seq-scan instead of index)
От: "Leif B. Kristensen"
Сообщение: Re: Table design - unknown number of column