Re: Datum problem

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Datum problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 06:12:08PM +0100, Enrico wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm newbie of programming postgresql sever side,
> I write the function below and when I execute
>
> SELECT (anag_art, 150) AS esistenza from anag_art order by 1;
>
> result is something about this:

Well, you didn't actually call any function, so it just returned the
two parameters as you asked... You have other problems though.

> visualizza_esistenza(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
> {
>     HeapTupleHeader  t = PG_GETARG_HEAPTUPLEHEADER(0);
>     int16            limit = PG_GETARG_INT16(1);

An "integer" is not an "int16", so this is wrong, you want INT32

>     bool isnull;
>     Datum esistenza;
>     int16 es;
>
>     esistenza = GetAttributeByName(t, "esistenza", &isnull);
>     es = DatumGetInt16(esistenza);

Possibly same problem here.

>     if (esistenza > limit)
>       PG_RETURN_INT16(es);

You declared you were going to return an int4, yet you're returing
something else.

> }

What are you returning if the if statement doesn't get run?

Hope this helps,