Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and procedures; & why cube functions?

От Thomas Pundt
Тема Re: Newbie questions, diff between functions and procedures; & why cube functions?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

On Thursday 23 November 2006 02:21, novnov wrote:
| pgAdmin III is quite a nice tool but one thing I can't figure out is what
| the difference is between what pgAdmin calls a function and what it calls a
| procedure.

As of PostgreSQL-8.1 function arguments can be declared IN (default), OUT or
INOUT (cf. "CREATE FUNCTION"). If I understand it right, pgAdmin puts a
function into its "Procedures" section, if it has at least one OUT parameter.

Ciao,
Thomas

--
Thomas Pundt <thomas.pundt@rp-online.de> ---- http://rp-online.de/ ----

От: Christian Eva
Сообщение: Compile Error with 1.6+ on SuSE 10.0/10.1 : xmlerror.h:820: error:typedef ‘xmlGenericErrorFunc’ is initialized (use__typeof__ instead)
От: Kevin Field
Сообщение: backup/restore gone in 1.6.0?