Re: VACUUM FULL does not works.......

От asif ali
Тема Re: VACUUM FULL does not works.......
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks Everybody for helping me out.
I checked "pg_stat_activity"/pg_locks, but do not see any activity on the table.
How to find a old running transaction...
I saw this link, but it did not help..
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-02/msg00760.php

Thanks

asif ali
icrossing inc

Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
asif ali writes:
> INFO: vacuuming "public.product_table"
> INFO: "product_table": found 0 removable, 139178 nonremovable row versions in 4305 pages
> DETAIL: 138859 dead row versions cannot be removed yet.

So Scott's guess was correct: you've got a whole lot of dead rows in
there that will eventually be removable, but not while there's still
an open transaction that might be able to "see" them. Find your open
transaction and get rid of it (pg_stat_activity might help).

http://archives.postgresql.org

От: Brian Wipf
Сообщение: Re: File Systems Compared
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: VACUUM FULL does not works.......