Re: [HACKERS] unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:

> What I think we need to do about this is
>
> (1) fix pgstat_vacuum_tabstats to have non-O(N^2) behavior; I'm thinking
> of using a hash table for the OIDs instead of a linear list.  Should be
> a pretty small change; I'll work on it today.
>
> (2) Reconsider whether last-vacuum-time should be sent to the collector
> unconditionally.

(2) seems a perfectly reasonably answer, but ISTM (1) would be good to
have anyway (at least in HEAD).

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade
От: "Simon Riggs"
Сообщение: Re: unusual performance for vac following 8.2 upgrade