Re: Cannot initdb for 8.2.1 - "..../postgres.bki" does not exist

От Simon Kinsella
Тема Re: Cannot initdb for 8.2.1 - "..../postgres.bki" does not exist
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks for your input guys - I had to put this problem on hold for a few
days.

In case it helps anyone in a similar boat, this problem seems to have been
due to a umask of 0027.  Changing to 022 seems to have fixed it.

Cheers,

Simon Kinsella

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Tom Lane
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:01 AM
To: Simon Kinsella
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Cannot initdb for 8.2.1 - "..../postgres.bki" does not
exist

"Simon Kinsella" <simon@bluefiresystems.co.uk> writes:
> \u@cheddar> /usr/local/bin/initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data -E UNICODE
> initdb: file "/usr/local/share/postgresql/postgres.bki" does not exist
> This means you have a corrupted installation or identified the wrong
> directory with the invocation option -L.

> The .../share/postgresql/ files do exist.

Looking at the code, this message is emitted if attempting to stat() the
file fails, regardless of what the actual errno is.  So I'm wondering about
permissions problems, specifically inability to search one of the
directories on the path.

We should adjust initdb to report the actual kernel errno value, instead of
presuming that it's "file not found".

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

От: Ivo Rossacher
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Question regarding multibyte.
От: Michael Monnerie
Сообщение: destroyed db/index