Re: [ADMIN] Priorities for users or queries?

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Priorities for users or queries?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Edwin Eyan Moragas <haaktu@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On 2/11/07, Benjamin Arai <benjamin@araisoft.com> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >Is there a way to give priorities to queries or users?  Something
> >similar to NICE in Linux.  My goal is to give the updating (backend)
> >application a very low priority and give the web application a high
> >priority to avoid disturbing the user experience.
> >Thanks in advance!
>
> with all due respect to Josh who has replied to this question already.

Just an idea:

You can retrieve the PID and the username of running querys in
pg_stat_activity. Perhaps, with this knowledge and an untrusted language
you can run system-commands such renice to change the priority of
running postmaster-processes.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

От: Benjamin Arai
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Priorities for users or queries?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Priorities for users or queries?