Re: Plan for compressed varlena headers

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Plan for compressed varlena headers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:
> 2) Replace VARATT* macros to store and retrieve the toast bits in a manner
>    that will work for variable length headers. This either means storing the
>    bits at the least-significant position or using network byte order.
>
>    If we want to allow storing >1 headers unaligned which I think would be
>    good then I still think we have to read them using bytewise lookups -- ie
>    by casting to (char*). That means network byte order or using the low order
>    bits is equally efficient.

I think the plan was to have the macro code conditional on big-little
endian.  We can deal with doing >1 headers unaligned at some future
date if we feel we need it, and the macros will make it transparent.

--  Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>          http://momjian.us EnterpriseDB
http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Fixing insecure security definer functions
От: mark@mark.mielke.cc
Сообщение: Re: HOT WIP Patch - version 1