Re: SCMS question

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: SCMS question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Monday 26 February 2007 14:57, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> > FWIW ClearCase also offers a command line version of its merge tool,
> > where it shows three columns (a la diff --side-by-side) and allows you to
> > pick which column you want to merge in (repo, change1, or change2 for
> > example).  It's a nice attempt at doing it on the command line, but the
> > graphical version is so much better it's worth it to work out remote X
> > and use that instead :-)
>
> If ClearCase is held up as a model SCM system the God help us.

As much as I deride ClearCase in my daily life, I would say ClearCases
graphical merge tools are better than what CVS gives you. That isn't saying
much though...

> True story: a few years back I had a team that where some of them had
> been using ClearCase, and when they joined our team switched to CVS. A
> few months later the company made a company-wide decision to standardise
> on ClearCase. Within weeks I had them begging and pleading with me to be
> allowed to go back to CVS.

True story: a few years back I was on a team that used CVS. Then our company
made a company-wide decision to standardise on ClearCase. Within weeks we
were begging and pleading to be allowed to go back to CVS.  :-)

--
Robert Treat

От: "Matthew T. O'Connor"
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum next steps, take 2
От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: SCMS question