Re: order by question.

От Jose Blanco
Тема Re: order by question.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I'm not sure what you mean by "C" and how do I change this?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Szabo [mailto:sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2007 3:38 PM
To: Jose Blanco
Cc: 'Tom Lane'; pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] order by question.

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Jose Blanco wrote:

> This second time I did, see
>
> select author, sort_author from itemsbyauthor where sort_author like
'tan%'
> order by 2;
>

> "order by 2"
>
> Or am I not understanding something?

One issue you might not realize is that the sort order for some locales
ignore symbols and spaces for initial scans, so for example, you might
find that "A Z" > "AB" while " " < "B". Specifically, for the data you
gave, en_US would order them "tan, fang", "tang, s. c.", "tan, weihong"
while C would order them "tan, fang", "tan, weihong", "tang, s. c.".

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: order by question.
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)