Re: Encrypted column

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Encrypted column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:28:00AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> If he is a CC customer, the system (which I am DBA of) bills his
> card directly, saving the customer much time and effort.

So surely what you have is a completely separate system that has
exactly one interface to it, that is signaled to provide a
transaction number and that only ever returns such a transaction
number to the "online" system, and that is very tightly secured,
right?

It is possible to make trade-offs in an intelligent manner, for sure,
but you sure as heck don't want that kind of data stored online with
simple reversible encryption.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
The whole tendency of modern prose is away from concreteness.
        --George Orwell

От: "Brian Mathis"
Сообщение: Re: Encrypted column
От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: lo or bytea streaming engine??