Re: Postmaster processes taking all the CPU

От Andrew Sullivan
Тема Re: Postmaster processes taking all the CPU
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 05:11:44PM -0400, Ericson Smith wrote:

> Also, if you're updating that table frequently, lots of dead tuples
> will remain in there if you don't do a VACUUM FULL regularly.

No, they won't.  No well-tuned postgres installation has needed
VACUUM FULL in a long time.  VACUUM FULL is there to save you if
you've overshot the regular VACUUM capabilities.  This is all
explained in the manual.

> You might also want to do a dump and restore as well to prevent
> transaction wraparound.

You better not need this any more, either, if you're doing regular
VACUUM.  That hasn't been a problem since 7.2.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?
        --attr. John Maynard Keynes

От: "Marc Mamin"
Сообщение: Re: Postmaster processes taking all the CPU
От: MC Moisei
Сообщение: Re: Postmaster processes taking all the CPU