Re: pg_xlog - files are guaranteed to be sequentialy named?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pg_xlog - files are guaranteed to be sequentialy named?
Дата
Re: pg_xlog - files are guaranteed to be sequentialy named?  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Johannes Konert wrote:
> Hi pgsql-list-members,
> I currently write a small script that deletes outdated xlog-files from
> my backup-location.
> Because I do not want to rely on creation-date, I found it usable to use
> the result of
> ln | sort -g -r
> Thus the newest WAL xlog-file is on top and I can delete all not needed
> files at the bottom of the list.

Warning, this is NOT SAFE to do.  You should NEVER delete "outdated"
xlog files, unless you appreciate RANDOM CORRUPTION of your data.

Not sure how those caps sneaked in there, sorry about that.

Have a nice day,

От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: setof or array as input parameter to postgresql 8.2 functions
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: psql : Error: Cannot stat /pgdata/8.2/main