Re: file-system snapshot under freebsd for backup

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: file-system snapshot under freebsd for backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I already put the data directory on hds san storage, but there is no
> snapshot license on it.
> Could I use mksnap_ffs under freebsd to make snapshot for backup ?

Maybe.  I'm confused by your question, but:
* If the data directory is on an FFS2 volume on a FreeBSD machine, you
  can use mksnap_ffs to back it up, and that approach is actually
  recommended for PITR-type backups.
* If the data is mounted via NFS or something similar and the filesystem
  is not FFS2, then snapshots are not available on FreeBSD.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com