permissions on system catalogs for non-superuser?

От Kevin Kempter
Тема permissions on system catalogs for non-superuser?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi List;

we have some monitoring/alert scripts which run sql against the database
(8.1.4) as a non-superuser. The problem is I get <insufficient privilege>
when trying to access current_query from pg_stat_activity.

I ran these grant statements but still no joy:
grant select on pg_stat_activity to monitor_user;
grant select on pg_database to monitor_user;

Here's what I get while logged into psql as monitor_user:

select procpid, current_query from pg_stat_activity;
 procpid |      current_query
---------+--------------------------
   24589 | <IDLE>
   24601 | <insufficient privilege>
   24600 | <insufficient privilege>
   24598 | <insufficient privilege>
   24596 | <insufficient privilege>
   24594 | <insufficient privilege>
   24367 | <insufficient privilege>
   24511 | <insufficient privilege>

Thanks in advance

/Kevin

От: Jessica Richard
Сообщение: how to create an user with ONLY select permission and nothing else?
От: Kevin Kempter
Сообщение: Re: how to create an user with ONLY select permission and nothing else?