Re: data type change on a view

От Andreas Kretschmer
Тема Re: data type change on a view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> schrieb:

> On Dec 12, 2007 12:11 PM, A. Kretschmer
> <andreas.kretschmer@schollglas.com> wrote:
> > Hello @all,
> >
> > i have a question (rot really for myself, a member of ther german forum
> > asks):
> >
> > i have two tables, contains a varchar(N)-column. Now i create a VIEW
> > based on this tables. The resulting view contains now a varchar without
> > length. How can i prevent this? How can i force that the column in the
> > view contains the *exact* typ?
>
> cast it to varchar(8):

As i said in a private mail to Scott (sorry): the suggested way don't
work, at least with 8.1. Maybe this works better in more recent
versions.

But thx for the quick response.

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Function to convert from TEXT to BYTEA?
От: "Anu Padki"
Сообщение: jdbc lob and postgresql