Re: Better alternative for Primary Key then serial??

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: Better alternative for Primary Key then serial??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em Wednesday 12 December 2007 03:42:55 pilzner escreveu:

> Does stuff like this cause any aches and pains to developers out there, or
> do I just need to get in a new mindset??? Also, is there a way to be sure
> the primary key is *ONLY* ever given a value by serial, and not subject to
> updates???

Shouldn't the definition of a primary key be an immutable thing that is unique
to the row?  If you change it, then it is not immutable anymore...

You can also have triggers to prevent PK updates...  But I wouldn't go this
route.

Why are you needing updating the PKs of your data?

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

От: Jorge Godoy
Сообщение: Re: Creating Aggregate functions in PLpgSQL
От: Gregory Stark
Сообщение: Re: Slow PITR restore