Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Finding bad bye in "invalid byte sequence" error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 13 December 2007 10:38 am, robert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to hack my inserts script from mssql to work with postgres
> 8.1.9 - I can upgrade if need be. I'm getting this error:
>
> psql -h localhost atdev < fuk2.sql
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe1204f
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
> the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
> "client_encoding".
>
> I tried:
>
> /var/lib/pgsql> recode ascii..utf8 fuk2.sql
> recode: fuk2.sql failed: Invalid input in step `ANSI_X3.4-1968..UTF-8'
>
> And also dos2unix , but nothing is working. 0xe1204f looks like a hex
> address, and I'm trying hexdump to find what its complaining about,
> but that's not helping either. Any ideas?
>
> Robert

I had a similiar problem and found I had to set the client encoding as
follows:

SET client_encoding = 'windows-1252';

at the top of my import file.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: mssql migration and boolean to integer problems
От: "Gauthier, Dave"
Сообщение: setting and using variables in PSQL ????