[TLM] Re: pg_ctl start fails on Windows

От Richard Broersma Jr
Тема [TLM] Re: pg_ctl start fails on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
--- On Mon, 12/24/07, Abraham, Danny <danny_abraham@bmc.com> wrote:

> I can manually create the file "postmaster.pid",
> so the problem
> Does not look like a permission problem.

I had a similar problem once.  For some reason, after I installed a windows service pack update, my Postgresql
directorywas altered to be READ-ONLY.  Once this happened, postgresql wan't able to start.

After spending a quited a bit of time to dicover the cause of the problem, I simply had to reset the directoy to be
write-able.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

               http://archives.postgresql.org/

От: Thomas Hart
Сообщение: Re: batch insert/update
От: "Martin Gainty"
Сообщение: [TLM] Re: pg_ctl start fails on Windows