BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online

От Faisal N. Jawdat
Тема BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online
Дата
Re: BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3858
Logged by:          Faisal N. Jawdat
Email address:      faisal@faisal.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.5
Operating system:   Mac OS X
Details:

If I use psql on a local database while the daemon is coming online, psql
hangs and most be killed.  Subsequent psql processes will connect without
incident.

This is relevant for Mac OS X in particular because the bug prevents
PostgreSQL from being used with launchd as an on-demand service -- running
psql will cause postgres to launch, but the first psql process will be hung.
 This behavior does not impact running PostgreSQL at startup (or manually)
under launchd.

Please mail me if you need launchd plists for these configurations.

От: "Scot Loach"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3855: backend sends corrupted data onEHOSTDOWNerror
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3858: psql hangs if called as postgres is coming online