count(*) and bad design was: Experiences with extensibility

От Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
Тема count(*) and bad design was: Experiences with extensibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 00:06:45 -0800
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> Granted there are scenarios where others are FASTER (SELECT
> COUNT(*)) but I find that if you are doing those items, you
> normally have a weird design anyway.

> Sincerely,

Sincerely, would you make an example of such a bad design?

Or did you just mean that count(*) is bad design in postgresql since
there are usually better alternatives in postgresql?

I'm not joking. I'd like to learn.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Experiences with extensibility
От: Rayudu Madhava
Сообщение: PgSql Mirroring/Fail Over Server