Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations
Дата
Re: Page-at-a-time Locking Considerations  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Gregory Stark wrote:

> I wonder how hard it would be to shove the clog into regular shared memory
> pages and let the clock sweep take care of adjusting the percentage of shared
> mem allocated to the clog versus data pages.

Hmm, this is an interesting idea.  I wonder what would happen if we let
other SLRU users go into shared buffers too -- for example it has been
reported several times that pg_subtrans thrashing can cause severe
problems in case of long running transactions.  (I wonder whether
pg_subtrans would occupy a big portion of shared buffers if we let it go
unchecked).

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: configurability of OOM killer
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: configurability of OOM killer