Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> As best I recall, the immediate branch after 8.2 was the exception not
> the rule --- we've usually waited longer than that.

8.2, 8.1, and 8.0 were branched off the x.y.0 release tag.  7.4 was branched
at rc1, 7.3 was branched at beta4, 7.2 was branched at final release, 7.1 was
branched at 7.1.1.  So no. :-)

Personally, I don't agree with following this endless release cycle with an
additional indefinite waiting period.

--
Peter Eisentraut

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why are we waiting?
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: FW: bitemporal functionality for PostgreSQL