Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:36:47PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I don't really buy the double patching argument. Back patching becomes
> > more difficult when there has been significant code drit, but we surely
> > don't expect that much drift in the next week or two. Back patching when
> > there has been no code drift is pretty simple.
>
> Well, it's not hard, but it is tedious.  Bruce and I, who are the people
> most likely to bear the brunt of such tedium, both voted to wait a week
> or so before branching.  Peter did not bother to vote.

I assume this vote was taken out on -core? I don't mind -core deciding on
this, not at all, but I would appreciate it if you would post the result of
the vote on -hackers. It makes a lot of difference with an open-ended
"we'll branch sometmie later" and a "we talked about it, and we decided
we'll branch in one to two weeks unless something unusual comes up".

If you alraedy did this and I missed it in the mail-flood around fixing all
the presskits, I apologize in advance ;-)

//Magnus

От: "Gevik Babakhani"
Сообщение: path with spaces in config.pl
От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: configure tag'd 8.3.0 and built witih autoconf 2.59