crash / data recovery issues

От Robert Treat
Тема crash / data recovery issues
Дата
Re: crash / data recovery issues  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm trying to do some data recovery on an 8.1.9 system.  The brief history is
the system crashed, attempted to do xlog replay but that failed.   I did a
pg_resetxlog to get something that would startup, and it looks as if the
indexes on pg_class have become corrupt. (ie. reindex claimes duplicate rows,
which do not show up when doing count() manipulations on the data).  As it
turns out, I can't drop these indexes either (system refuses with message
indexes are needed by the system).  This has kind of let the system in an
unworkable state.

I've tried to do a pg_dump, but get schema with OID 96568 does not exist
error.  The database has a number (~100) temp schemas in it, so I was
suspecting that the problem was with some object referencing a temp schema
with broken dependencies, but I looked through pg_depend for any referencing
objects but found none. I also looked through  pg_type, pg_proc, pg_class,
pg_constraint, pg_operator, pg_opclass, pg_conversion at their respective
*namespace fields and also found no matches.   Any suggestions on what else
might cause this, or how to get past it?

I also did some digging to find the original error on xlog replay and it
was  "failed to re-find parent key in "763769" for split pages 21032/21033".
I'm wondering if this is actually something you can push past with
pg_resetxlog, or if I need to do a pg_resetxlog and pass in values prior to
that error point (i guess essentially letting pg_resetxlog do a lookup)...
thoughts?

--
Robert Treat

От: "Gevik Babakhani"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan