Re: BUG #3939: (Possibly) no NLS in 8.3 Windows

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: BUG #3939: (Possibly) no NLS in 8.3 Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 09:35:35AM +0000, Gevik Babakhani wrote:

> Bug reference:      3939
> Logged by:          Gevik Babakhani
> Email address:      pgdev@xs4all.nl
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3
> Operating system:   Windows XP 32bit
> Details:
>
> When installing 8.3 on Windows (XP) with NLS option selected, I noticed
> there are no share/locale files installed.
>
> This is perhaps because of a bug I reported to Magnus. (I also provided a
> possible fix)
>
> When exploring the File Table of the 8.3 MSI with Orca, I noticed there are
> no records for locale files compared to 8.2.6 MSI.
>
> The 8.3 MSI is about 7MB smaller is size than 8.2.6 MSI, which is a about
> the total size of locale files that are missing.

Yes, the reason for this problem is that the NLS installation in the MSVC
build was broken and nobody noticed :-(

I think we'll have to release an 8.3.0-2 MSI package once this bug is
solved.

//Magnus

От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: possible bug windows setup
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3938: Row-wise comparison fails