Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Joshua D. Drake (jd@commandprompt.com) wrote:
> Ergghh o.k. I am definitely missing something in the environment. By
> your numbers I should be well over 100GB restored at 2.5 hours. I am
> not. I am only 38GB in.

I'm guessing you've checked this, so don't shoot me if you have, but....
How was the "restore file" built?  Does it create the indexes, primary
keys, FKs, whatever, before loading the data?  That'd slow things down
tremendously..  Or if it's creating them while loading the data, there
would be large pauses while it's building the indexes...
Enjoy,
    Stephen

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: 8.3 / 8.2.6 restore comparison
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan