BUG #3944: Unable to create a database using SQL_ASCII encoding

От Dan Hrabarchuk
Тема BUG #3944: Unable to create a database using SQL_ASCII encoding
Дата
Re: BUG #3944: Unable to create a database using SQL_ASCII encoding  ("Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3944
Logged by:          Dan Hrabarchuk
Email address:      dan@geotivity.net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0
Operating system:   Linux, Fedora Core 8
Details:

I can not use SQL_ASCII encoding.

initdb does not allow it:
initdb --encoding SQL_ASCII
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 24MB/153600
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
initializing dependencies ... ok
creating system views ... ok
creating conversions ... ok
creating dictionaries ... ok
setting privileges on built-in objects ... ok
creating information schema ... ok
vacuuming database template1 ... ok
copying template1 to template0 ... ok
copying template1 to postgres ... ok

I can't specify it either:
createdb -E SQL_ASCII -U sam sam
createdb: database creation failed: ERROR:  encoding SQL_ASCII does not
match server's locale en_US.UTF-8
DETAIL:  The server's LC_CTYPE setting requires encoding UTF8.

How do I use standard ASCII? My legacy app in not compatible with unicode.

От: "Arnaud"
Сообщение: BUG #3943: ecpg doesn't like "inet" operator
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #3943: ecpg doesn't like "inet" operator