Re: NLS on MSVC strikes back!

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: NLS on MSVC strikes back!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gevik Babakhani wrote:
> I have compiled 8.3 (CVS HEAD) with NLS on a XP box. But it seems that NLS
> support is broke.
> Could someone please confirm this.

What I can confirm is that lc_messages is supposed to work for to_char,
because it shows the localized output for me as I change lc_messages;
and it doesn't if I change lc_time.

In any case,

> Gevik=# show lc_messages ;
>         lc_messages
> ----------------------------
>  English_United States.1252
> (1 row)
>
> Gevik=#
> Gevik=# set lc_messages TO 'de_DE.utf8';
> SET

I wonder if this is really valid.  Shouldn't you be using a locale name
like 'German_Germany.65001' or some such?  I thought Windows did not
recognize the de_DE.utf8 form of names.  Perhaps it failed to raise an
error here?  It does for me:

alvherre=# set lc_time to 'fr_CA.utf8';
SET
alvherre=# set lc_time to 'de_DE.utf8';

Suffice to say I don't have the de_DE locale installed.

От: "Gevik Babakhani"
Сообщение: Re: NLS on MSVC strikes back!
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: NLS on MSVC strikes back!