Re: Getting available options

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Getting available options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:17:51AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > That would work for all the settings here I think, except for log_destinatino
> > which actually supports multiple choices from the enumeration. But that
> > would be fairly easy to implement on top of it.
>
> I think DateStyle should also be considered carefully, given how it has
> two different settings in one variable (USE_XXX_STYLE and DATEORDER_XXX)

Yeah, but you can turn those into enumerable combinations, no? (A,A; A,B;
B,A; B,B etc)

> TimeZone would also be a little more difficult than an enum.

Right, I didn't even have timezone under the enum list so far. Since
the list is just too long... For that one there is already a view available
to get all options, and you're likely to want to group them (for example,
by continent) anyway..

//Magnus

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Getting available options
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Permanent settings