Re: Getting available options

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Getting available options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 09:15:13AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > > I like the idea that was mentioned upthread of creating a new "enum"
> > > category for GUC variables, instead of continuing to abuse the rather
> > > inefficient "string" category for the purpose.  One reason is that
> > > we then would not be faced with making an incompatible change in
> > > the arguments of DefineCustomStringVariable.
> >
> > Yeah, I liked that one as well - I'm going to look at doing that, and will
> > present some code as soon as I can to discuss the exact implementation. I
> > don't think it'll be too much work.
>
> It seems we have two clear proposal that had clear acceptance, and for
> which we now need code: this enum stuff is one, and the other one is
> the addition of "file origin" to pg_settings so that you can tell
> what file a setting comes from (i.e. postgresql.conf or an included
> file).

Yes. And IMHO those are required befoer we can implement the stuff about
writing configuration variables in a good way. So they're now both high up
on my TODO list. If anybody wants to work on them, please talk to me first
so we don't dulpicate effort :-)

//Magnus

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Getting available options
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Batch update of indexes on data loading