Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP

От Jorge Godoy
Тема Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em Monday 03 March 2008 07:01:17 dfx escreveu:

> it is possible to connect to PostgreSQL server from a client with a dynamic
> IP (or from an unknown IP)?
>
> How I have to configure pg_hba.conf (and/or eventually my router, where the
> server is located)?

You'll have to make PostgreSQL accept connections from ANY IP in the possible
range assigned to the networks where your customers are.  There are IP ranges
for specific countries available...  You can also allow access from anywhere
in the world.

I'd also recommend that you require the use of some cryptography such as SSL
for that.

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy@gmail.com>

От: "Steven De Vriendt"
Сообщение: Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP
От: "A. Kretschmer"
Сообщение: Re: Connect to postgres from a dynamic IP