Re: Uncopied parameters on CREATE TABLE LIKE

От ITAGAKI Takahiro
Тема Re: Uncopied parameters on CREATE TABLE LIKE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 13:34 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Is there a TODO here?
>
> Yes, three:

> * create plugin API to allow extensible reloptions

Yes, and some index access methods (gist and gin) should have
abilities to handle reloptions in user defined functions, too.

> * allow reloptions to be copied when using INCLUDING DEFAULTS
> (if I got that right..)

The part "INCLUDING DEFAULTS" is not correct. Reloptions are attribute
of table, not of columns. So they should not be copied on LIKE and INHERITS.
Of course, we'd better to have convenient way to copy reltoptions from
another table, but concrete syntax was not suggested in the discussion.
(and I don't have.)

> * allow new option to copy comments INCLUDING COMMENTS

Sure.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center

От: Tom Raney
Сообщение: Planner question
От: "Robert Haas"
Сообщение: Re: Plugin system like Firefox