Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joshua Drake escribió:

> I am trying to understand why we are having a client do this? If you
> want some other type of output, script it.

Convenience.  If we had real rst output, we could just copy'n paste into
Trac or other systems.

Convenience is why we have psql at all.  Otherwise, surely everybody
could script the DDL commands that we now use in \d.  It's simply a
matter of echo and netcat, after all.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove all traces that suggest that a non-Bison yacc might be
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Remove all traces that suggest that a non-Bison yacc might be