Re: Various intermittent bugs/instability - how to debug?

От Martijn van Oosterhout
Тема Re: Various intermittent bugs/instability - how to debug?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 04:50:53PM +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> I have a rather large nightly process that imports a lot of data from
> the OpenStreetMap project into a PostGIS database, then proceeds doing
> all sorts of things - creating spatial indexes, computing bounding
> boxes, doing simplification of geometries, that kind of stuff. The whole
> job usually takes about five hours.

Which program is this?

> ERROR:  invalid page header in block 166406 of relation "node_tags"

After this happens, can you find the relfilenode of the node_tags table
and extract the relevent block? Something like:

dd if=<dboid>/<relfilenode> bs=8k skip=166406 count=1 of=/tmp/block

What sort of data does it contain?

> ERROR:  could not open segment 2 of relation 1663/24253056/24253895
> (target block 1421295656): No such file or directory

Does any file of that name exist?

ls 1663/24253056/24253895*

Hope this helps,

От: "Darren Weber"
Сообщение: Re: OS X library path issues for libpq (ver 8.3)
От: "Markova, Nina"
Сообщение: How to upload data to postgres