For each key, find row with highest value of other field

От Raj Mathur
Тема For each key, find row with highest value of other field
Дата
Re: For each key, find row with highest value of other field
Список pgsql-sql
I have some data of the form:

Key | Date       | Value
A   | 2008-05-01 | foo    *
A   | 2008-04-01 | bar
A   | 2008-03-01 | foo    *
B   | 2008-03-04 | baz
B   | 2008-02-04 | bar
C   | 2008-06-03 | foo    *
C   | 2008-04-04 | baz
C   | 2008-03-04 | bar

Is there any way to select only the rows marked with a (*) out of these
without doing a join?  I.e. I wish to find the row with the highest
Date for each Key and use the Value from that.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/      GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968
D0EFCC68 D17F

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Marc Mamin"
Сообщение: Re: Query how-to
От: "Oliveiros Cristina"
Сообщение: Re: For each key, find row with highest value of other field