Re: Database access over the Internet...

От Uwe C. Schroeder
Тема Re: Database access over the Internet...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Saturday 08 November 2008, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2008-11-08 19:07:35, schrieb Scott Marlowe:
> > No, your histrionics aside, it's the way this list works by default,
> > and for good reason.  If you need it to work differently, there's a
> > setting which has been pointed out to you at two times now.  Please
> > take responsibility for your own life and fix the configuration and
> > stop whinging.
>
> It does not work since the CCs are coming FROM the sender and  NOT  from
> the mailinglist.
>
> And since most peoples hiting <Reply-All> they should delete my address
> from the recipients...
>
> It is very annoying, if I work Outside and must  read  my  WORK  E-Mails
> with my GSM and haf to walk trough 100 of CCs which are definitively not
> important.
>
> And of course, each CC cost me money...  0.009 Euro/kByte.
> Getting per day 1 MByte of CC is annoying.

So basically you want everyone here to accomodate your wishes, just because
you have a GSM plan that sucks? Get yourself a hotmail or google address and
use that to subscribe to this list. Then you can read the responses from a
normal computer when you choose to.

Actually it's polite and pretty much standard to hit "reply all" and I for one
appreciate it when I'm kept on CC, just because originally I was interested
in the topic discussed and I might miss the response otherwise.

It's really not anyone's responsibility to pay attention to this. If you don't
want CC's to your GSM, don't use the GSM's email address to sign up to the
list - simple as that.

Note: I manually took you off the CC - don't want to be the reason you have to
file for bancruptcy.

Uwe

От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: Re: Database access over the Internet...
От: Raymond O'Donnell
Сообщение: Re: Database access over the Internet...