Re: clearing the buffer cache

От Sam Mason
Тема Re: clearing the buffer cache
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[ Sorry Brad, I didn't mean to delete your response! lets try again. ]

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:52:21PM -0500, Brad Nicholson wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 17:49 +0000, Sam Mason wrote:
> > I was doing some performance checks and wondered what the best way to
> > clear out the shared buffers is?  With the recent improvements in buffer
> > management it appears a simple SELECT * FROM large_table; doesn't help
> > here!
> >
> > I was hoping for a function I could call, or maybe some variable I write
> > to, that would cause the contents to be invalidated.
>
> Restart the database.

Isn't there anything faster than this?

I was hoping to run many thousands of small (i.e. 100ms or less) queries
and if it takes a couple of seconds to restart the database I'm not
going to be able to do this.

--
  Sam  http://samason.me.uk/

От: Sam Mason
Сообщение: Re: clearing the buffer cache
От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: clearing the buffer cache