Re: getting 'full' names of functions?

От raf
Тема Re: getting 'full' names of functions?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de wrote:

> Hello Ashish, Hello Tom,
>
> thank you very much for your quick and helpful replies - I really appreciate that.
>
> > > May be this will help you:
> >
> > Easier is just
> >     select oid::regprocedure from pg_proc where <whatever>
>
> I guess I'll go with the very nifty type cast suggested by Tom though as this covers aggregate functions as well.
Thispossibility should be mentioned in the docs - together with the system information functions
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/functions-info.html

> Too bad that this function syntax isn't part of information_schema.
>
> Thank you very much to both of you.

note that this method doesn't produce a complete function
signature. the precision and scale of numerics are not
included in the output. hopefully, that won't matter for
your needs.

cheers,
raf

От: Lee Azzarello
Сообщение: Re: warm standby, pg_standby, invalid checkpoint record
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Postgressql backup/restore question