Re: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load

От Bill Moran
Тема Re: Re: High I/O writes activity on disks causing images on browser to lag and not load
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Bill, you wrote earlier :
>
> "
> Additionally, this convinces me further that you're chasing the wrong
> problem.  The stats collector writes tiny bits of information to disk
> every time you execute a command.  If your system is slow because of this
> tiny bit of I/O, then something else is wrong.  Either your system is
> already near its max capacity and this is pushing it over the edge, or
> you're fixing the wrong problem.
> "
>
> If this was true, that is that only small bits should be written, why is the
> total write size each time around 57kB (for 15 write ops)? Thats also the
> size of the file pgstat.tmp. At this time, there is for that posgres process
> 33,330 I/O Writes, with a total size of 129,221,526 Bytes.

In a previous message you posted a snippet of your postgresql.conf file
that showed you still had a lot of the stats logging turned on.  As noted
in the docs, the default values for many of those settings is on, so the
fact that they're commented out means they're taking their default values.
I'm guessing that you haven't actually turned them off yet.

> I turned off AutoVacuum, and restarted PG but this was still going on.

That's not going to change the behaviour of this problem if you've still
got the stats monitoring turned on.

> I would like to move the PGdata to the pictures disk.
>
> "
> You can just pick up the data directory and relocate it, then config
> PostgreSQL to look for the data directory in the new location, or create
> a symlink.
> "
>
> Where can I find that file? I found out that its the pgdata variable but
> couldn't find out what file it was.

What file?  If you want to move the database, then you need to pick up
the entire directory with all its files and subdirectories.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com

От: Sam Mason
Сообщение: Re: Division by zero
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: insert from other database