Re: BUG #4848: Encoding is incompatible with template database

От Simon Bertrang
Тема Re: BUG #4848: Encoding is incompatible with template database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:16:40AM +0000, Anders Gunnarsson wrote:

> Bug reference:      4848
> Logged by:          Anders Gunnarsson
> Email address:      fsogren@passagen.se
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
> Operating system:   Windows XP
> Details:
>
> So, now I am a member!
>
> Hey, I had problems with the other versions so you gave me a tip to install
> Postgres 8.4 which worked.
>
> BUT when I tried to create a database it says: "
> 22023: new encoding (SQL_ASCII) is incompatible with the encoding of the
> template database (UTF8)"
>
> I've tried to install postgres with "install new template..." and without
> during installation
>

> Do you know this problem and how to solve it?

Not sure if this is a bug (i've seen it too) but you can solve it by
using template0:
$ createdb -E UTF8 -T template0 foo

Regards,
Simon

От: Simon Bertrang
Сообщение: patch to fix configure(.in) on openbsd wrt/ krb5/com_err and readline linking
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4846: Error reading file: config