Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types

От daveg
Тема Re: RfD: more powerful "any" types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 07:38:18AM +0200, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> it isn't fair :) why you use $$ without single quote? And still this
> case should be vulnerable on SQL injection. Maybe you or me knows,
> what SQL injection means, but beginners knows nothing and this people
> use following bad code:
>
> sql := $$SELECT * FROM '${table_name}'$$} and are happy. But this code
> is wrong!

I have an idea you will like less: have multiple interpolation codes that
automagically do the right quoting. Perhaps as extra printf like type codes.
The above then becomes:
 sql := pgprintf($$SELECT * FROM %I;$$, table_name )

Where %I evaluates as if it were quote_ident(%s).

This would maybe even encourage users to do the quoting they should by
making it easy.

-dg

--
David Gould       daveg@sonic.net      510 536 1443    510 282 0869