Re: syslog_line_prefix

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: syslog_line_prefix
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Haas escribió:

> On the other hand, I don't think this is the right way to do it.  The
> patch proposes the following mapping of logging destinations to GUCs:
>
> stderr -> log_line_prefix (same as now)
> csvlog -> not applicable (same as now)
> syslog -> syslog_line_prefix
> eventlog -> syslog_line_prefix
>
> That's not exactly mnemonic; I think we'd want
> {stderr,syslog,eventlog}_log_line_prefix if anything.

So let's have a (ugh) fourth GUC that keeps the current name
log_line_prefix and is the default value for all the other vars.
So today's config would continue to work identically, and people wanting
more configurable behavior could get it by simply setting one or more of
the new vars.

The only problem is what would we do when we implement Magnus' idea.
Are we close to that?

От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Docs build error in alpha1
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby 0.2.1