Re: Limit allocated memory per session

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Limit allocated memory per session
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Oh, BTW, did anyone get interested in adding the bits to disable the OOM
> > killer for postmaster on the various Linux initscripts?  It needs some
> > games with /proc/<pid>/oom_adj and requires root privileges, but I think
> > an initscript is in an excellent position to do it.
>
> I was imagining that this would be something for individual distros
> to tackle.  It's probably not portable enough to go into the
> contrib/start-scripts examples.

Hmm?  I think it should be just (as root)

if [ -f /proc/$pid_of_postmaster/oom_adj ]; thenecho -17 > /proc/$pid_of_postmaster/oom_adj
fi

This is supported from 2.6.11 onwards AFAIK.  If the kernel is older
than that, the file would not exist and this would be a noop.

От: Kenneth Marshall
Сообщение: Re: Rejecting weak passwords
От: Boszormenyi Zoltan
Сообщение: Re: CommitFest 2009-09, two weeks on